Management of risk safety of labor on different levels
The modern solution of of occupational safety issues is needed at different levels: state, sectoral, regional, industrial. It is determined by various reasons:
- technical equipment, technological processes, and labor conditions that do not comply with regulatory requirements are potential sources of threat to the life and health of workers. In addition, the negative effects of the workers actions are contrary to the rules of safety. This is due to injuries associated with production. It generates administrative, organizational, technical, and social problems.
- incomplete, outdated and hidden information about harmful and dangerous working conditions in the workplace;
- insufficient account of the domestic normative legal acts of international standards and recommendations. This requires the development of updated methodologies and regulatory acts, which in particular determine the analysis and risk assessment and management.
Therefore, the creation of a modern safety system should provide its comprehensive suitability for state and production levels, as the main ones, regarding the mechanism for identifying risks for safe working conditions, criteria for their ranking, the choice of adequate preventive measures for reducing levels or eliminating risks.
However, in the state and industrial management of labor protection, there are features associated with the specific functioning of these systems:
- the official supervision of state control is hampering the impact on the improvement of working conditions; divergencies in state statistics do not give objective analysis of treativism and the ability to formulate policies and implement preventive measures adequately; lack of a sound mechanism of economic impact on the state of labor safety;
- insufficient implementation of risk prevention in workplace, underdeveloped culture of safety, lack of a system of economic incentives for employers and workers to improve the state of occupational safety.
For systemic coordination of risk management of labor safety between state and production levels, it is necessary to determine the interconnection of modern methodological approaches to risk management.